Thursday, July 26, 2007

I think I've lost my footing

26 Jul 07 Thursday 1:26 AM


It's all so very complicated, isn't it? And so you ask me. Your friend: the one who is willing to listen, is willing to give the advice, the one who will even tell you if you are so very wrong. But you know what happens? What happens is she cultivates friendships, she cultivates others relationships that somehow become everything. And then she wakes up wondering if she's the one left with nothing.

I have a friend, a very dear friend, who reminds me from time to time that I have no one to answer to. I have me, and me alone. The idea might be so beautiful if only I had more. It's the quest we're all on, really. The quest for something more than just us. The idea of something greater. And I've started to realize, who am I to limit myself to what this life currently has to offer? I explore (I really do), I question (more than you'll know), I watch (you've seen me), and yet I'm still left with nothing more than this: we are what we make of ourselves and unless we move forward and explore all that life has to offer; who are we, really?

Someone I really care about told me several years ago they could see me opening a door. The door, after years of movement, isn't just one, but a maze of doors. There are no right or wrong choices, only passages leading me back and forth through a maze of growth. Lately I wonder if I've come to a dead end only to discover now I must turn back. Tracing back through my footsteps with no one but myself to guide me. This step, that stumble, all the awkwardness. I think, is this as difficult for everyone else? Or am I the only one?

No comments:

Post a Comment